PIC – FAQ
The deadline to submit your proposal is Sunday 11 June 2023.
FAQ Page Content
- What is the purpose of the ULI PropTech Innovation Challenge?
- How can I apply for the competition?
- What is the deadline for submitting applications?
- What are the key dates?
- What is a PIC Pioneer?
- What are the judging criteria for the competition?
- Are there any specific technology or industry focus areas for the competition?
- What are the benefits for the applicants?
- How and when will the winners be announced?
- As an applicant, will the National ULI PIC Finals be in-person or virtual?
- Can I tackle more than one ULI Mission Priority in my Application Form?
- Who can I contact if I have questions or need assistance regarding the competition?
1. What is the purpose of the ULI PropTech Innovation Challenge?
Provide a platform for the most innovative Real Estate and AEC industry pioneers to shine, and offer them a unique exposure opportunity to our Urban Land Institute community of practitioners and decision-makers in Europe.
2. How can I apply for the competition?
The application form comprises 11 questions, which do not require disclosing any financial or proprietary information. You will be required to share a pitch deck and, optionally a one-minute video. More information on how to apply can be found on the “How to Apply” page.
3. What is the deadline for submitting applications?
Applications to close on Sunday, 11th of June 2023. However, kindly note that depending on the number of applicants, each National PIC Team has the flexibility to close earlier. We recommend avoiding last-minute applications and to apply now.
4. What are the key dates?
- Application deadline: June 11th, 2023
- National PIC Finals: between June 11th and August 1st, 2023
- European PIC Final: TBC, Mid-October 2023
- View PIC schedule here.
5. What is a PIC Pioneer?
A “PIC Pioneer” is the status we will give to all national PIC winners and to the European Winner.
6. What are the judging criteria for the competition?
More information on the PIC 2023 Judging Scorecard can be found here.
7. Are there any specific technology or industry focus areas for the competition?
All applicants will need to be able to explain how they are tackling any of the three ULI Mission Priorities below:
- Net Zero and Decarbonisation
- Housing Affordability
- Educating the Next Generation of Diverse Leaders
8. What are the benefits for the applicants?
The Urban Land Institute is a community of more than 48.000 industry practitioners and top decision makers across 80 countries, with more than 5.000 of them in Europe, representing all stakeholder groups in our industry, from the Private and Public sectors.
Applying for the ULI PIC will provide you with a unique opportunity to be exposed to some of the most influential industry names locally and in the European region.
The bottom-up structure of our Challenge will allow the best entrepreneurs in each participating country to also pitch live in front of the local ULI National Council community and extend their network of meaningful relationships in the local market.
Each national PIC Pioneer will then have the opportunity to go through public industry open voting as European finalists, which will be taken into consideration during the final judging in October in front of ULI Europe Product Councils featuring the industry subject matter expert in Technology, Housing and Sustainability among others. A complete list of European Product Councils can be found here.
9. How and when will the winners be announced?
National PIC Pioneers will be announced during each local events. The European PIC Pioneer will be announced in Copenhagen during the ULI Europe C Change Summit 2023 in October.
All event dates will be available on this page once confirmed.
10. As an applicant, will the National ULI PIC Finals be in-person or virtual?
Depending on the country you are applying through, the event might be virtual or in-person. Please reach out to your National PIC Champions would you have any doubts.
The European final in Copenhagen will require you to join in person.
11. Can I tackle more than one ULI Mission Priority in my application?
Please apply for the challenge you relate most to. The application form allows you to choose one Mission Priority.
12. Who can I contact if I have questions or need assistance regarding the competition?
- For queries related to the National PIC, do reach out to the related National PIC Champion(s).
- For queries related to the European PIC, do reach out to the European PIC Champions.
- For ULI organisational queries, do reach out to Vy Nguyen.
- For any PIC Sponsorship queries, do reach out to Jacqui Collins.