Registration is now open for the first event in the ULI Poland Places and Spaces series. It will take place on 20 February 2018 on the theme: BIG PROJECTS – Can large, high profile projects change the image and vitality of a city?
- Keynote Speaker: Alfonso Martinez Cearra, General Director, Bilbao Metropoli-30
- Moderator: Andrew Tuck, Founding Editor, Monocle Magazine, London
- Case study: Millennium Park in Chicago – Daniel Ringelstein, Director of City Design, Skidmore Owings and Merrill Architects, Chicago & London
- Mikael Andersson, Director of Towarowa 22 Multifunction Project, Echo Investment
- Marlena Happach, Chief City Architect, Director of the Architecture and Spatial Planning Department, City of Warsaw
- Arie Koren, CEO, Okam Capital
PLACES + SPACES is a year-long series of events focused on issues that impact you and your city. The objective is to present high-profile projects and speakers to demonstrate how “best practice” development projects and initiatives can deliver positive impacts to the host city and its stakeholders.
Each event is envisioned as a two-hour, theatre-style presentation and discussion, followed by a mixer. A Warsaw project or site tour will be offered to participants earlier in the day.
Future events include:
- Branding the building, building the brand, 17 April 2018
- High streets, public spaces & placemaking, 19 June 2018
- Tomorrow’s “Urbanhoods”, 18 September 2018
- Dreaming the new downtown, 25 October 2018
- Private Member: 30 Euro
- Private Non-member: 70 Euro*
- YL Members: Free
- Public Sector Member: 15 Euro
- YL Non-member & Public Non-member: 35 Euro*
* For those who would like to join ULI, we will offer a free ticket to the next Places + Spaces event.