In February we talked about “big projects” and how they can affect the image and vitality of a city, and in April we received amazing presentations on successful city and project branding strategies.
Now, it’s almost summer, and we’re outdoors as often as possible. A great time for the third topic in the Places + Spaces 2018 series which will take place on 19 June:
High Streets, Public Spaces, and Placemaking – In the digital age, how can cities, retailers, and private developers collaborate to create successful public places?
The event’s speakers and panellists include:
- Martin Barry, Founder and Chairman, reSITE, Prague (presentation and moderation)
- Hugh Stewart, Partner, Foster + Partners, London (presentation)
- Andrew Phipps, CEO, Intelligent Horizons Ltd, London (presentation)
- Katarzyna Gruszecka-Spychala, Deputy Mayor of Gdynia, Gdynia
- Maciej Zajdel, Managing Director and Board Member, Kulczyk Silverstein Properties, Warsaw
- Mark Kubaczka, Partner, artchitecture, Warsaw
- Private Member: 30 Euro
- Private Non-member: 70 Euro*
- Young Leader** Member: Free
- Public Sector Member: 15 Euro
- Young Leader** Non-member & Public Non-member: 35 Euro*
* For those who would like to join ULI, we will offer a free ticket to the next Places + Spaces event.
** Young Leader – Under 35 years of age
The PLACES + SPACES series presents high-profile, international projects and speakers to discuss how “best practice” development principles and initiatives can be adapted to deliver positive impacts to Warsaw and other Polish cities. Each event is envisioned as a two-hour, theatre-style presentation for 60+ participants and a panel discussion, followed by a mixer.
The ULI Poland Places + Spaces series 2018 consists of the following events:
- 20 February – “Big Projects”,
- 17 April – “Branding the building, building the brand”;
- 19 June – “High streets, public spaces and placemaking”;
- 18 September – “Tomorrow’s urbanhoods”;
- 23 October – “Dreaming the new downtown”.