Europe in 2021 / The Future of Living
While 2020 is still proving to be a very difficult year, the new uncertainties which have arisen during the past few months may become a catalyst in fostering innovative solutions. Now more than ever, there is a pressing need to think about our immediate future and reconsider our current way of living.
With this in mind, the ULI Italy Annual Conference will focus on the future of living, with the aim of offering a new long term vision.
With a mix of prominent international and Italian speakers, and Jacopo della Fontana (CEO, Design to Users - D2U) as moderator, the conference will present an opportunity to debate, share views and compare experiences.
Part 1: ULI Report Promoting Housing Affordability and International Panel
Lisette Van Doorn (CEO, ULI Europe), will present the Promoting Housing Affordability report, focused on how European cities can build more homes tailored to a ‘squeezed middle’ of homebuyers and renters. Our keynote speaker Nic Palmarini (Director, UK's National Centre for Ageing), will discuss changing approaches to housing in relation to an ageing population and meeting their specific needs.
A panel discussion will follow, prompted by themes raised in these presentations, where international speakers will discuss new trends, compare situations and envisage new solutions.
- Nigel Allsopp, Senior Director, Investment Strategy & Research, Greystar
- Charlie McGregor, Founder, The Student Hotel
- Nic Palmarini, Director, UK's National Centre for Ageing
- Jack Renteria, Founder / CEO, Generation Global
- Lisette Van Doorn, CEO, ULI Europe
- Lorna Walker, Chief Operating Officer and Head of ESG, Modomo
Part 2: Italian Panel
During this panel, the topic of the living sector will be approached from different perspectives. From a marketing perspective to looking at home automation and technological innovation, how Italy is responding to changes in the industry will be discussed in detail.
- Fabio Santini, Director, One Commercial Div.Partner Microsoft Italy
- Arch. Davide Ruzzon, Director, TUNED
- Dott. Pietro Adduci, CEO, Tecma Solutions
- Arch. Mario Cucinella, Hon FAIA, Int.Fellow RIBA, Mario Cucinella Architects