The Urban Land Institute (ULI) is a global research and education non-profit organization whose mission is to shape the future of the built environment for transformative impact in communities worldwide. It is the oldest and largest network of cross-disciplinary real estate and land use experts in the world with over 46,000 members globally. For more information, please visit https://uli.org.
ULI has around 300 employees across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our global People Team develops and implements programs to proactively enhance the employee experience and increase employee engagement, wherever our people are based. Following the recent appointment of our new Chief People Officer (CPO), ULI is currently investing in the team as it doubles in size and starts out on its exciting 3-year people roadmap. This is a pivotal time to join the team, in a key international role.
The International HR Coordinator’s overall responsibility is to support the current international operating model whilst assisting in the execution of the international growth strategy. The Coordinator will work closely with the HR Business Partner to ensure the employee experience is delivered upon consistently and successfully in all countries. To achieve this, the Coordinator will be responsible for carrying out a range of day-to-day HR activities whilst contributing to some larger, long-term projects. The role will be primarily responsible for supporting ULI’s international talent attraction and acquisition strategies.
It is imperative that the individual has a broad knowledge of Human Resources as well as general administrative responsibilities. The role will require efficient end-to-end processing of HR operations including the use of HR systems and tools. It is also required that the individual is able to deploy strong interpersonal skills to assist People Managers and Employees with various HR and talent acquisition duties. The ideal candidate will therefore be highly organized, with excellent oral and written communication skills,
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding
- Coordination of international talent acquisition.
- Connect with hiring managers and HR to identify recruitment needs.
- Post job advertisements on ULI’s homepage and various external sites to promote candidate applications.
- Assist in resume screening, conduct preliminary phone screens and assess candidates for relevant skills and experience.
- Utilize compare and contrast skills to source for qualified candidates and contact new prospects.
- Present qualified candidates to the hiring team and recommend candidates for further consideration.
- Conduct employment reference checks and complete reference requests.
- Prepare offer letters and employment contracts.
- Assist hiring managers to create job descriptions.
- Proactively follow up with candidates and hiring managers; respond quickly to any requests to ensure a stellar recruiting experience.
- Coordinate calendars with candidates and hiring managers to schedule interviews.
- Ensure smooth and compliant onboarding of new hires by collaborating with local and global stakeholders.
- Work with HR Business Partner and Talent Management team to align with performance management strategy.
- Administers the annual employee performance review process (Goal Setting, 90-day reviews, Midyear check-ins and Yearend reviews).
- Coordinate communications for new hire goal setting and 90 day reviews.
- Assists HR Business Partner with people manager and employee performance related queries.
Compensation and Benefits
- Supports the HR Business Partner with the efficient administration and effective communication of international compensation changes
- Provides advisory and administrative support on policies and procedures relating to compensation matters.
- Assists with international benefits set-ups, renewals, enrollments, separations, enquiries, changes, audits, and compliance.
- Keeps current on trends in benefit practices and administration in various markets.
- Support the HR Business Partner with the new country set-up processes.
- Assist with communications, presentations, reporting and messaging for the department.
- Perform project-oriented research and HR projects as necessary.
- Manages, and maintains employee personnel and termination files.
- Supports HR Business Partner with procurement and renewals of work permits for expatriates.
- Helps oversee the maintenance of the ULI HRIS; uses employment information to develop reports for HR management and other regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years of Human Resources experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using HR information systems (ADP WFN preferrable)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about or an interest in Human Resources.
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (including excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc) and the Internet.
- Must be able to maintain total discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Experience in an international environment a plus. Interest and ability to work in a diverse organization being sensitive to cultural differences required.
To send in your application, please click APPLY below. Please submit a CV and a cover letter.
ULI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics. All applicants are encouraged to confirm whether any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process are required.
No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.