Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Marketing and Membership, Asia Pacific, the Manager serves as the professional liaison among ULI China Mainland, ULI Asia Pacific, and real estate, planning, and development professionals in Mainland China. The Manager’s overall responsibility is to serve as an informed resource to support the district council’s various content centers and member networks, including local product councils, interacting with them to ensure that all work is consistent with the Institute’s policies and procedures and that ULI China Mainland’s mission, goals, and objectives are met.
This is a full-time position located in Beijing, China.
Local Product Councils
– Manage six local product councils (Retail-Anchored Mixed-Use Development; Investment; Sustainability; Design, Planning, and Construction; Real Estate and Technology; and Urban Regeneration), which are topic-focused, multidisciplinary groups of mid- and senior-level professionals involved in a specific facet of real estate who commit to meet on a semiannual basis, develop trusted connections, and share best practices.
– Work with the volunteer member co-chairs of the local product councils to develop programming, recruit new council members, identify future council leadership, and schedule and execute meetings.
– Serve as project manager for local product council–driven research initiatives as necessary.
– Support the district council’s Executive Committee and its three subcommittees (Programming, Member Service, and Education).
– Organize and attend monthly meetings, coordinate with chairs to produce agendas and related materials, and monitor the execution of agreed-on initiatives.
Young Leaders Group and Women’s Leadership Initiative
– Serve as a liaison for these two groups and provide support for event organization and other initiatives.
– Work with the Asia Pacific team and Member Service Subcommittee to strengthen the network with other real estate professional and other related organizations, including universities.
Event Organization and Management
– Work closely with the Asia Pacific team to organize and manage events, including seminars and semiannual conferences. Coordinate with other ULI staff members and service providers. Handle event logistics and ensure smooth execution of events.
District Council Operations Support
– Provide support for the district council’s operations, including but not limited to databases, records, calendars, supplies and equipment, files, and other district council resources, equipment, and maintenance as needed.
– Support the district council’s communications strategy in collaboration with ULI Asia Pacific.
– Support the Asia Pacific team in preparation of budgets and other internal reports.
– 5 years of related work experience, preferably working in the real estate industry in Mainland China.
– Working knowledge of urban planning, land use, or real estate development in Mainland China required.
– Must be fluent in Mandarin Chinese and able to speak, read, and write at business-level English.
– Interpersonal skills in working with senior business and public-sector executives.
– Ability to provide courteous customer service and maintain professional relationships with coworkers in a fast-paced environment.
– Demonstrated ability in writing and editing for a variety of platforms such as research reports, newsletters, and online publications.
– Proven project management skills, including the ability to creatively solve problems.
– Self-motivated and highly organized, demonstrating meticulous attention to both details and deadlines.
– Demonstrated proficiency/skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required.
– Ability to prioritize tasks, handle multiple tasks concurrently and completely, and complete tasks on time, with responsible follow-through.
– Ability to attend early morning and evening events is required.
– Ability to travel to Shanghai and other Asia Pacific regions as needed.
– Meeting and event coordination skills.
– Bachelor’s degree required.
– Preference for candidates who have a master’s degree with coursework in urban planning, public administration, urban policy, real estate development, economics, or comparable fields.
To apply, please follow the link below. Please submit a résumé and letter of interest.
EOE/m/f/d/v. No relocation reimbursement is offered at this time.