A guiding principle of the Urban Land Institute is that the achievement of excellence in land use practice should be recognised and rewarded. In accordance with this, ULI initiated the Global Awards for Excellence programme in 1979 to recognise truly superior development efforts in the private, public, and non-profit sectors.
About the ULI Europe Awards for Excellence
In 2020, we extended the global awards programme to honour projects on a regional basis with the launch of the ULI Europe Awards for Excellence, which recognise outstanding urban development projects in the private, public and non-profit sectors, located in the EMEA countries.
Submissions are open to all, not just ULI members.
The Awards for Excellence recognise the full development process of a project: planning, construction, economic viability, management, and community impact, as well as design.
The jury evaluates projects and programmes on the extent to which they:
- achieve marketplace acceptance/financial success;
- achieve a high standard of excellence in all areas—architecture, design, planning, construction, amenities, economics, and management, etc.;
- demonstrate relevance to the contemporary and future needs of the community in which they are located;
- have a positive impact in their communities and/or immediate context;
- exhibit environmental sustainability, stewardship, and resiliency; and
- provide models, lessons, strategies, or techniques that other communities can replicate or adapt.