ULI Greece holds Emerging Trends in Real Estate® Event
March 21, 2016
ULI Greece & Cyprus hosted the annual ‘Emerging Trends in Real Estate’ event on Wednesday, 24 February 2016 with great success.
The event took place at a central Hotel in Athens, with the attendance of senior professionals and market players of the Greek real estate industry.
George Kaburopulos, ULI Greece Chair, opened the event by welcoming the attendees and made an introduction of the Emerging Trends report. He pointed out that despite the problems Europe is facing, capital markets still find real estate attractive as a safe investment alternative across Europe, including Greece.
Keynote speaker Lisette Van Doorn, CEO ULI Europe, presented and analysed the findings of the Emerging Trends Report.
The presentation followed a panel discussion, consisting of experts of the Real Estate and the Hotel sectors:
- Mr. Konstantinos Alexopoulos, Member of the Board of SETE, CEO of Domotel S.A.
- Mr. Dimitris Andritsos, CEO of Eurobank Property Services
- Mr. George Frangou, Deputy General Manager & Head of Group Real Estate at National Bank of Greece
- Mr. Antonis Cambourakis, 1 st Vice President of Hellenic Federation of Hoteliers , Member of the Board of Greek National Tourism Organisation
- Dr. Aristotelis Karytinos, CEO of NBG PANGAEA
- Mr. Odisseas Athanassiou, CEO of Lamda Development
Vasilis Vyzas, Partner PwC, as the moderator of the panel, explained the importance of the “Emerging Trends in Real Estate Europe 2016” for the real estate industry in Greece.
The panel discussed the current situation of the Greek real estate market and the continuous growth and potential of the hotel sector. They all agreed that it is necessary to transform the hotel product in Greece to an institutionally attractive investment which can boost the national economy.
In the second part of the event, Alexandros C. Samaras, CEO of Alexandros C. Samaras & Associates S.A. presented the development of the kindergarten “Ioannis M. Karras”, which was the first school outside the USA to be awarded with the Platinum LEED.