UrbanPlan is a realistic, engaging, and academically demanding classroom-based programme in which students learn about the fundamental forces that affect urban regeneration.
An educational initiative developed by the Urban Land Institute, UrbanPlan has been running successfully in high schools in the US for over 15 years – reaching over 43,000 students and enabling more than 1,500 ULI members to share their experiences in land use. It brings the urban environment to life for young people through a series of interactive workshops and team working challenges.
Having been fully adapted, UrbanPlan is now running in schools in Europe with programmes currently running in the UK, Germany and Ireland. Successful pilots have also been delivered in the Netherlands and Poland.
UrbanPlan is an educational programme to help young people understand the role real estate plays in reviving and regenerating urban areas. It also:
- Creates informed citizens who better understand communities where they live and work.
- Helps young people understand role real estate plays to revive and regenerate urban areas.
- Supports social mobility and the long term success of the industry by reaching students from a diverse social and economic demographic.
- Develops valuable links between schools and industry.
- Enriches the curriculum by bringing urban studies to life.
- Engages with and raise aspirations of young people.
- Promotes careers in the built environment.
ULI members can support the programme in a number of ways – as volunteers and as sponsors. For more information about the programme, please contact Jacqui Collins at email@example.com. To learn more about the UrbanPlan model, please click here.